Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Dream of Off the Grid

Being Off the Grid means different things to different people.  For some it means having all the toys and not being connected to the power or water company and for others it is simple being the off the grid so far that maybe 2-3 people even know where you are.  I personally am a fan of the latter rather than the former, to me being 'Off the Grid" means truly being off the grid without needing the outside world to provide all of my necessities.

I do not believe that I can do everything and provide for myself by myself.  You can survive that way but I have come to learn that is no way to live. 

I found this video on You Tube that I believe shows this desire to be self sufficient and live on your own.  Its about this fellow born and raised in New York that relizes that the simple rustic life is the life for him.  He sets out and pursues this idea with a vengence by buying a plot of raw land and builds a home from the ground up himself.

 
This video shows what someone is capable of when they put there mind to it.
 
Enjoy
 
Josh
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment